Thursday, October 18, 2007

In dedication to my sister.....Angie.

Okay, this is my first blog. My near and dear sister thought of it a good idea to keep everyone in my life updated on, well, my life. And when I mean my life, I mean Gavins life. Though I might stray once in awhile, be greedy and write random thoughts of randomness that probably will bore the crap out of you, for which I apologize in advance......so bear with me, for as I said before, this is my first blog.

So life has been the least to say hectic lately. So far in the last 3 months I have, had a baby, moved, job hunted for the elusive perfect job (by the way, it does not exists)and basically started a new life. So what has everyone else been doing? Ha! JK!

We have been so busy, but very blessed. Brian and I are settling into parenthood quite nicely. Although challenging, it is the best thing that has ever happened to us.



Gavin came into this world with eyes wide open. Ready to start life. And so it is, his journey of life begins.....

So as to not make this a super long post, I will update on what has been going on via the cliff note version....

*Gavin is a little over 3 months old already, time is flying. Some of the milestones he has conquered so far is that he can hold his head up all by himself and look around and recognize faces, and voices. Sometimes when Brians at work I put the phone up to his ear, Brian talks to him and Gavin has this look of recognition. Its pretty cool.




*I am blessed to have a child that already sleeps about 10-12 hours a night. He wakes up around 7am, I get up, change his diaper and them promptly bring him back to my bed where I feed him and then we sleep for another 2-3 hours.

*He prefers sucking on his hand rather than the pacifier. Which is fine by me, then I dont have to keep sticking it in his mouth.

*Hes reaching and grabbing things in front of him. He makes this ball spin on one of his toys and it makes music when his does it. Soon Im sure I will want to throw all music toys out the window, but for now Im basking in the mother glory that my child made that toy make music!!!




*Hes starting to laugh, and I love it. I cant wait for those adorable belly laughs.

*He has the ability to spit up on himself, Brian and me several times a day. The other day Brian changed him literally 3 different times within a 10 minute period. It was hilarious, all we could do was laugh. Or maybe that was just me, Brian was taking deep breaths! hehe...

*To my discouragement, he loves the TV. At the same time, its nice to get things done while hes watching it!

So those are some of the big milestones that I can think of for now. There will be plenty more to come. In other news....

The three of us took a road trip to Des Moines to visit Brians brother Jason and his daughter Kaidyn. 6.5 hours in a car is way too long for me, but surprisingly Gav did awesome! Kaidyn is a year and a half and she is a hoot!! She does some sign language, which kills me, shes full of smiles and laughs and is such a free spirit. She wakes up in the morning standing in her crib, smiling and waving! She has energy that seems boundless, like your own little jolt of caffeine in the morning, wrapped up in a curly haired cute little package. Brians dad came up to stay the first night too, it was our own little slumber party. Lesa was missed!






Earlier that week, Brian, Gavin and I went to Lake Geneva, walked around looking in the little shops, got some hot coffee and made our way eventually to a pumpkin patch and got some pumpkins!! Gav fell asleep in his little carrier, maybe he will enjoy it more next year. For now Brian and I are having fun creating new family Holiday traditions.

Thats about it with everything going on here. We are getting settled into our new house, which we love!!! And are getting ready to go to Arizona next week for a Brians cousins wedding, which should be a grand ol; time!

No comments: